As part of their digital initiatives, Life Insurance Corporation of India provides ample opportunities for its customers to pay the premiums over internet.
All policies whose premiums are payable on a quarterly, half-yearly or yearly basis can be paid through this channel. For monthly modes, please refer NACH or SSS sections of this document.
LIC Customer Portal
Paying your LIC premiums through LIC customer portal is fast and easy. First of all, it brings time freedom. Anytime you can make premium payment; whether within the comforts of your home or on the go to work. You can avoid personal visit to LIC branch and need not wait in long queues for your turn for making payment. This facility is absolutely free for the policyholders of LIC. All it needs is access to internet. Secondly it gives freedom to choose from various payment methods.
The Payments will be updated immediately in LIC servers. E-Receipts are generated and can be downloaded. These receipts are valid for IT purpose. No other receipt is sent by post for online payments.
Premium can be paid only for any In Force policies. Moreover monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, yearly modes except Salary Saving Scheme policies are allowed for repayment.
You can access LIC Customer Portal here.
This is Life Insurance Corporation of India’s official Mobile Application for customer servicing. This app is available for both Android and IOS platforms.
In fact, it is a container app that binds 3 other apps viz. LIC Customer app, LIC Pay Direct app, LIC Quick Quotes app. As per the necessity one can install them separately as well. Here we will discuss only about pay direct app.
LIC Pay Direct app
As the name suggests, no user registration is required for payment. This app handles payment of Renewal premium, Loan repayment and Loan interest payment in 3 easy steps.
- Customer Validation – Please provide Policy Number, Installment premium without Taxes , Date Of Birth of the policyholder; all these information can be found in the policy document. Please provide your email address and mobile number as well.
- Premium Particulars – displays premium details with late fee (if any), GST and other charges
- Payment – make payment
After successful payment, one can view the status from View Transaction Status menu in the home screen. Please provide the policy number, current date (if you are checking on the same day or provide your payment date) and select appropriate transaction type.
Online Loan Repayment and Payment of Loan Interest: This service is enabled from September 2017 on the LIC website www.licindia.in, Customer Portal and through the MyLIC App.
- After installing the App, customer need to select LIC logo under the Recharge & Bill Payment category.
- Enter policy number in the next screen and proceed
- This will fetch the policy details along with the total premium due.
- click on Proceed to pay
- Payment modes available on Paytm app include Paytm Wallet, BHIM UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card and Net banking.
- Select any one and Pay
- In order to download LIC premium paid receipt, customer must goto My order section on the app.
- From the list, select the order and click on Download Invoice link button.
- The receipt will be downloaded to your phone’s Downloads folder.
Apart from this downloaded receipt no other receipt will be issued by LIC. Premium paid status in LIC servers will be updated on real time basis.
BHIM UPI app
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is a payment app that helps to make simple, easy and quick transactions using Unified Payments Interface (UPI). National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) is the key holder for this app. NPSI is an organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India. They are supported by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for creating a robust Payment and Settlement Infrastructure in India.
In order to make payments through this app we need to
- install the BHIM app and set up. (For android devices use this link and for IOS please click here.)
- After installing the app, click here to visit LIC’s pay premium online page.
- This will present with 2 options
- Pay Direct – no registration is required, no login is required
- Through customer portal – needs registration (recommended)
- If Pay Direct is selected
- Choose Renewal Premium/ Revival option from the drop down
- Enter Policy Number, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Installment Premium (without GST), email id
- Check I Agree and Submit
- Verify Premium Particulars, optionally one can add further policies (if any) for payment and click on proceed
- else if Through customer portal option is selected
- Signin with your login credentials (eg. email id, dt of birth and password)
- Select Policy Number for which renewal needs to be paid
- Click Proceed to Pay
- On the next screen click on Check and Pay
- Choose Payment Gateway screen will appear
- Select any one BHIM UPI powered banking provider (eg.Standard&Chartered bank, Axis bank etc.)
- A message similar to “You will receive a payment approval request from lic@sc in your BHIM / UPI app” will appear along with amount to Pay
- Enter your UPA address. usually this will be YourPhoneNumber@UPI
- Click on Submit
- A Notification is displayed on the Bell icon of the app
- Click on it and press Pay
- Amount will be deducted from the UPI linked bank account
- Go to Transactions tab to view the status.
Through Netbanking / Bill Pay/ Electronic Bill Presentation and Payment (EBPP)
To enhance the facility of online payment of renewal premium for Life Insurance Corporation of India’s policyholders this facility is introduced. Arrangement here is widely used by bank customers to pay their utility bills. Please find below the actions needed to make a premium payment. Steps may slightly vary according to your netbanking site.
- Open your bank’s netbanking website either in the desktop or through their respective banking app on mobile.
- Goto to Bill Payments section/ tab.
- Choose Manage biller
- Pick Life Insurance Corporation of India or LIC.
- Register by keying in the policy number, installment premium (without tax), name, email address & mobile number and other relevant details.
- Move on to View/ Pay Bills section/ tab.
- Select Life Insurance Corporation of India or LIC from the list of managed billers already added.
- The premium due dates, total amount due (with GST, late fee if any) is fetched from the LIC customer portal and displayed to the customer.
- Online payment happens instantly on clicking submit
Please note that the limit for making payment through this facility is INR 50000 per transaction. There are no charges for the transaction. E-receipt is send to customers email address. There is an option to download the e-receipt as a pdf file. This can be done onto the customer’s device as well. Presently this service is provided through 24 scheduled banks.
Confirmed banks: Allahabad Bank, Bandhan Bank, Bank of India, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, Central Union Bank, Dena Bank, Deutsche Bank, Dhanlaxmi Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank
Yet to confirm banks: IDBI Bank, India Overseas Bank, Jammu and Kashmir Bank, Karnataka Bank, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, Saraswat Bank, State bank of India, Syndicate Bank, UCO Bank, United Bank of India, Yes Bank
BillDesk is a popular Indian online payment gateway company which offers InstaPay services to pay LIC renewal premium as well. Again this facility is coming to LIC customers as ABSOLUTELY FREE! No registration charges, no annual costs, no hidden costs involved!
They suggest 2 payment methods.
In this option we can View our LIC premiums at bill desk website and make payment on the go.
Here are simple steps to follow
- Register online at www.billdesk.com. For registration you need to provide
- LIC Policy Number
- Bank account details – from where you will make the LIC premium payments. You can specify more than one bank account for making your payments
- Email address -You will receive email alerts informing you about your LIC premium notices
- You can log on to www.billdesk.com, view your LIC premium notice and issue payment instructions online for payment from any of your bank accounts
BillDesk will send email reminders for pending LIC premium notices and confirmation for payments made. LIC premium details and payment information for upto one year can be stored online.You get a receipt by post directly from LIC within a week after you make payment
This option helps to set up standing instructions for automatic payment of your LIC premiums. For this to workout one need to provide their policy number(s), along with their bank account details. This facility is helpful if we do not have regular access to the Internet or do not like to log on to make every LIC premium payment. From the next bill cycle onwards BillDesk will automatically process and collect LIC premium from the specified bank account
In order to make premium payments customer first need to register by providing 9 digit LIC Policy Number and the Premium amount without taxes to BillDesk. Once these information is filled, BillDesk sends it to LIC data servers for validation. LIC allows electronic payments only against valid policies, which are eligible for remitting renewable premium. During validation your registration may get rejected due to
|Registration failed message
|Policy not available thru network
|might be the policy needs revival, branch visit is needed.
|please enter premium specified in the policy document without taxes
|Policy is not in force
|you may need to visit branch for Revival
|a visit to branch is needed to complete maturity proceedings
|None other than Quarterly, Half yearly or Yearly Modes are accepted
|monthly modes only NACH or SSS is accepted
|any other technical issues
BillDesk will intimate you on the success or failure of your registration process.
At present the following list of banks allows InstaPay.
Allahabad Bank, Bandhan Bank, Bank of India, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, Central Union Bank, Dena Bank, Deutsche Bank, Dhanlaxmi Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, India Overseas Bank, Jammu and Kashmir Bank, Karnataka Bank, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, Saraswat Bank, State bank of India, Syndicate Bank, UCO Bank, United Bank of India, Yes Bank
BillDesk helpline numbers are listed in their website.
NACH (National Automated Clearing House)
This facility, introduced in LIC with effect from 8th November 2016, is available Pan India on the NPCI platform of core banking through standing instructions to Bank. Through NACH, premium can be collected for ULIP and Health Insurance (HI) policies also and for all frequencies (mode of payment). All monthly premiums except SSS are now collected through NACH. This facility can be availed at the time of inception of the policy or later after completion of policy
Conditions to avail this facility
- No receipts either in physical form or electronic form is transmitted or send for NACH (MLY) mode policies.
- Still Premium paid certificate can be obtained twice in a year from the servicing branch.
- NACH mode of payment can be opted for all Inforce ULIP, Non-Ulip and Health policies as per plan conditions, but not for E-term Policies.
- If NACH is dishonored, due to insufficient balance, deduction will automatically stop for the further dues until the defaulted premiums that have fallen due are paid at Branch or Premium Point or LIC customer portal.
- Once registered under NACH mode, premium for those policies cannot be paid through other payment channel (except for NACH dishonor)
- Debit dates allowed are only 7th, 15th, 22nd and 28th of the month.